- Bake a pizza crust
- Meditate twice a week
- Finish reading my book
- Finish my Content Calendar for 2017
If someone told me when I was 24 that in 10 yrs I will be celebrating 7 years of marriage.. I would probably give them a blank stare followed by a nervous laugh!
But here we are… and we’ve accomplished quite the list:
- 10 countries
- 7 street races (me usually running 5 min ahead of the hubz)
- 5 wedding reception performances (can’t believe he’s convinced me to do them)
- 3 homes,
- 2 MBAs
- 2 daughters
We actually had our first ALONE date in almost 5 months yesterday. We went out to an Italian food resto (that would be a big drag bringing two kids to) and had a date like ‘old times’. Here is a silly questionnaire we filled out while waiting for our food to arrive.
1) Who is older?
2) Who made the first move when we first met?
A: I did, oh wait you said when we ‘first met’ oh…
B: Me, tried to go in for a kiss and got shot down
3) Who studied the hardest in school?
4) Who is smarter?
A: *points at Bhanu*
5) Who is more creative?
6) Who does more of the cooking?
7) Who cleans more toilets?
8) Who said I love you first?
A: *looks down in embarrassment*
9) Who spends more money?
10) Where was our first kiss?
A: At Meeta’s wedding
B: Under the clock at distillery district
11) What date did we first meet?
A: uhhh dammit!…May 27?
B: May 27 2009
…we were both wrong it was May 20
12) Who is more likely to get lost getting back to the hotel while on vacation?
A: probably me
13) Who hates driving in traffic the most?
14) Who wears the pants in the relationship?
A: Both of us
B: Um loaded question I decline to respond
15) Who is better looking?
A: *points at Bhanu*
16) Who talks more?
17) Who says I love you more?
A: *points at Bhanu*
18) What date did Anuj propose?
A: Sept 4 2009
B: Sept 19 2009
- Some nights…dinners include veggies like bok choy and mushrooms other days it’s the 4th bowl of cheerios that day 😶 #ToddlersRule
- I can’t be the only one who feels unkempt when my nails are bare of lacquer.
- For the remainder of the month of July my goals are to 1) finish #The100dayproject and 2) create my Return to Work strategy which will be executed in a few months. These are both huge goals and complete opposite spectrums of my life (creativity and career – really wish they were more aligned). I am planning on deciding on 3 main tasks for each goal and then breaking up those tasks into small action items for the coming weeks.
- Started using MyFitnessPal to track my food intake because I realized portion control was not happening and volume eating potentially does not work for me.
- I need a new photobook creating site (Shutterfly isn’t my jam at the moment) – send me your suggestions or leave a comment below!
Everything I am wearing is vintage aka already in my closet and has been for a few years (minus the shoes). Although I want to buy so many cute summer things I am not (I am not perfect but I am doing my best). You can read more about that here.
Today I had my FIRST solo mom outing with my girls. Like any mom I got prepared the night before by packing a few healthy snacks and my toddler’s kid friendly laptop as well as the diaper bag for the baby. Miss S really helped by staying true to her “big girl” status but of course she eventually got tired of holding it in and had to be in my arms for a little bit. I was sure to tell her how proud of her I was.
People were so helpful. I guess when you see a parent out numbered by their kids, it only make sense to help out! I have finally had my #ItTakesAVillage moment.
And just a tangent thought here: I realized that on Monday I had the icky feeling because I had consumed more than I created (binge watched Netflix, Instastories and way too many Youtube blogs) . It was like a light bulb went off in my head when I realized that the feeling of being drained, empty and depleted was because of a simple concept. I ended up feeling lifted when I took care of my mind and body before bed.
I seem to really like just writing what I am thinking with these OOTDs. I think I’ll keep it that way going forward!
I can’t think of anything to write today so I would list the things I got done this week #SmallVictoriesFTW
- Saw WonderWoman with Baby Ellie #SoGood #StarsAndStrollers
- Finished organizing the loot bags
- Put some laundry away
- Did my nails a really cool reverse french manicure with a nude white and gold
- Planned and executed Miss S’s pre-school birthday party (including thank you cards and treats)
- Did multiple pre-school pick ups/drop offs with both kids
- Worked out!
- Straightened my hair (but put it up in a messy bun every day so far)
- Ate pretty healthy all week
- Worked out 3 times this week
Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet Miss S. I spent some time reading the cards I wrote you in previous years and I am excited that the pile of yearly birthday cards is growing :) Had fun surprising you this morning with balloons in your room, singing happy birthday to you at 6:50am and for your reaction to your gift (that you still have to grow into). Excited to celebrate later today and this week. I love you!
And here is a baby pic – for good measure!