The weather finally stayed consistently warm this weekend which was pretty rad because I pretty much lived in my jean jacket!
On Friday, Thursday I watched Minimalism (check the blog later this week for my thoughts on it). And then on Saturday I started watching Food Matters (another documentary I plan on discussing). If it were up to me I’d watch documentaries more often but that would mean the hubs would be falling asleep on the couch more often too :P
I am currently working on my June EdCal and plan on sharing my EdCal process for May as well. Without going into too much detail I loved having a tangible place to see my blog post ideas and found that it allowed me to be on top of my posting schedule (considering that posting more consistently is one of my Mat Leave goals).
Ok onto how our weekend went! We had one of Miss S’s preschool friends 3rd birthday party on Saturday morning. Although birthday parties can take over your weekend – I actually love that the kiddos get to interact and see each other outside of school. The rest of the day we took it easy by fitting in a workout, doing some groceries and hanging out at home. Sunday we braved the rush at IKEA for an early lunch and to get my steps in. The Misters mom and I were in a Weekend Warrior challenge going on and she legit gave me a run for my money. Later in the day we headed over to the in laws to visit as my Father In Law just returned from India and it was my nephews birthday.
Here is my review on last weeks goals:
- Finish reading my book (see here)
Continue research/gathering ingredients for the bread recipe(purchased yeast now time to try something!) Take more photography ex: OOTD, family photos, sisters snapshots(done! Got done visual content for the blog also) Get my 10K steps 5/7 days next week & Work out 4/7 times(yep killed it on both accounts!) Get a grip with my laundry piles(done got folded away some still sitting in the the dryer and some still in the basket waiting to be put away )
- Update my Etsy shop (started to look at it but got distracted)
- Water colour painting an a new canvas part print (nothing to report here)
- Do 10 sun salutations (I did 4 – will try again next week)
List out monthly goals for June(done!)
- Start working on some photos books (not yet, although I ordered some photo magnets!)
For this coming week these are my goals:
- Read 2 chapters for my book
- Make some bread!
- Take some more everyday photography shots and move photos from SD Card
- Get my 10K steps 5/7 days next week & Work out 4/7 times
- Take Miss El to the Born to Read library program
- Update my Etsy shop
- Water colour painting an a new canvas part print
- Do 10 sun salutations
- Finish June EdCal
- Work on Miss S’s party planning
Have a great week!