This recipe is too good not to share. Although I have reduced the amount of meat I am eating, Miss S and the Hubz have not so I knew I had to make this for them. And everyone has got to love fried food – but who really loves the deep fryer? The splatter messes, the lingering smell and the oil that has been used a few too many times…no thanks!
That said I will have to experiment making this vegetarian. Maybe fried cauliflower – ah yes, that would make it a pakora :P
So what’s the trick to getting that crispy fried coating – corn flakes!
This is what you need:
- Ziplock bag + rolling pin
- Garlic powder
- S & P
- Dill (or other herb of choice – optional!)
- Chicken breasts (I usually slice them length wise)
This is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Clean and slices your chicken, set aside
- Using a ziplock filled with cornflakes, crush the cornflakes. Transfer to a bowl
- Add S & P, garlic powder and herb of your choice to the bowl
- Melt butter in the microwave (2+ tbls)
- Add Salt, galic powder to the melted butter and mix well.
- Set up your assembly line: chicken ready to be coated, melted butter mixture, cornflakes mixture and a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Dip the chicken into the melted butter mixture being sure to coat both sides well, then cover the chicken with the cornflakes making sure to cover all areas of the chicken breast then place on lined baking sheet.
- Complete above step for all remaining chicken pieces
- Pour any remaining butter on all the pieces and fill in any missed places on the chicken with the cornflakes
- Bake 25-30 min. Check centre of chicken is cooked before removing from oven.