This past weekend was a special one for us, we celebrated Miss El’s 40 days. I think most cultures (including western medicine) consider that both mom/baby’s recovery and adjustment to life occurs over the first 40 days. There are some extreme views about it but for me it was really about resting, get spoiled by my parents/in laws, bonding with Miss El and adjusting to life as a family of four.
And by bonding, I mean nursing! I am currently all about outfits that allow me to feed the babe easily… that said I have never purchased a nursing top in my life! (ha!)
During this time, I gravitate towards loose/flowy tops, button ups (obvi) and chic leggings to keep me feeling styled even when I got a babe on the hip. What else works best for me? A tank top I can easily pull down for feedings.
I am feeling pretty ambitious for this week so thought I would list out some things I want to get accomplished!
Goals for Week:
- Go to the Born to Read library program with my friend and our daughters
- Decide on a bread recipe to make
- Plant my tomatoes
- Work out 4 times this week (LISS, Resistance Training, Stretch/Foam Roll)
- Hit 10K steps 5/7 days
- Journal (in my 52 lists and 5 minute journal)
- Finish my EdCal for May
- Listen to more music in the house
- Finish a book