Yea for LOOONNNG weekends! #TheUnofficialStartToSummer. Technically the weekend isn’t over yet. We are having friends over for a BBQ today. We just finished marinating some chicken and reviewing tomorrows menu. Our group of friends (and their kiddos) are full of variety: vegetarians, vegans, carnivores, food allergies etc. It’s actually kind of fun to be creative and think of menu items to cater to such a group. I hope I remember to take lots of pictures :)
We also hosted my in laws for a belated Mother’s Day celebration. The Mister and I enjoyed curating the menu and then actually making it happen. We used to do a lot of side-by-side cooking / working in the kitchen. But for a few years, MBAs and kids kind of took over so… really loving that we are getting to do this again!
Okay on to a review of last weeks goals:
- Finish reading my book (made some progress but still not done)
- Gather ingredients for this bread recipe (I didn’t realize how much research is required to make bread – this needs its own post)
Work out M, Tu, Fr & get 10K steeps 5/7 days Sort out plans for Miss S 3rd birthday
- Journal and Meditate
- Print Pictures or start making a photobook
- Update Etsy listings with my scrabble prints
Do a mini grocery haul
- Buy the next level of potting mix and transplant my plants
- Work on Baby Nursery (includes an Ikea trip)
Next week I plan on taking it easy, relax and just generally getting “caught up” rather than go-go-go.
- Finish reading my book
- Continue research/gathering ingredients for the bread recipe
- Take more photography ex: OOTD, family photos, sisters snapshots
- Get my 10K steps 5/7 days next week & Work out 4/7 times
- Get a grip with my laundry piles
- Update my Etsy shop
- Water colour painting an a new canvas part print
- Do 10 sun salutations
- List out monthly goals for June
- Start working on some photos books
I’ve dropped the meditation and journaling items on my list for now.
I am torn between working out and sitting still.
I am torn between blogging and journaling.
Because these activities are one in the same to me. Running clears my mind and I truly believe has a meditative effect on me. And although I am a firm believe of putting pen to paper, when I can’t (read: not making it a priority in my morning) I’ll take regular blogging and painting over it any day.
Have a beautiful week everyone!!